Perhaps more than any other force in your career, mentors can accelerate you. The examples are many: Sheryl Sandberg had Larry Summers, Susan Rice had Barack Obama, Kevin Spacey had Jack Lemmon.
Mentoring is the key for developing and sustaining a satisfying professional career. Mentoring enables each of us to grow, learn, transform, and accomplish goals. Whether you are the mentor or the mentee, mentoring helps build a dynamic community while ensuring the success of each individual as she achieves personal and professional career goals.
The PWN Paris Mentoring Program mission is to increase and enhance our members' professional success and satisfaction. We help our network members-mentees to define their professional goals. By pairing them with mentors who can offer the advice, experience, and knowledge that their particular challenges require, the Mentoring Program aims to increase mentees' chances of achieving these goals.
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is a voluntary, not-for-profit relationship between two individuals who each other take a defined role:
- The mentor is a person with relevant knowledge and experience
- The mentee is a person who wants to learn from the mentor for her personal and professional development.
What are the benefits?
For the Mentee:
- Benefit from experience and knowledge
- Increase their chance of success in achieving their goals
- Have a safe environment for sharing and testing new ideas
- Receive constructive feedback
For the Mentor:
- Share lessons learned
- Contribute to the success of another professional
- Increase awareness of different work environments and issues
- Improve leadership effectiveness
Who is it for?
Anyone who requires or who can offer help in the following areas:
- Goal setting and advancement
- Role and Job transformation
- Communication and raising visibility
- Development of Business Acumen
- Career Orientation
- Change Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Time Management
- People Management
- Specific Industry
- Cross-cultural working practices
- Departure and return maternity
- Departure and return expatriation
- Extension job with challenging new position
- Technical and strategic learning in a specific area of expertise
- Accelerator development/transformation + professional trust
- Inspiration, sharing tools
What are the conditions for successful mentoring?
- Clear objectives
- Absence of a judgmental attitude
- Courage to be honest, challenging and open
- Mutual respect
How does it work ?
Both mentees and mentors agree to engage in a process of constructive feedback, confidentiality, and a willingness to explore.
Here are the 4 main programs we’ll run in 2016 :
- « Classic » Mentoring Program
- Digital Reverse Mentoring Program
- Cross mentoring Program with the « Club du 21eme siecle » to tackle « Le double plafond de verre” - ethnocultural AND Gender diversity - A Proof of concept has been launched in 2015 with 20 pairs and we will extend it in 2016.
- "Engaging Men"
The kick-off 2016/2017 will take place on October 2016, 3rd, with a detailed presentation of theses 4 programmes, and a special guest, Emmanuel Leneuf (@FlashTweet), who will be our Sponsor for 2016/2017.
For a quick Overview : previously, on Mentoring Program ….
1 – Mentoring Global 2015/2016 – 30 pairs
2 – Digital Reverse Mentoring 2015/2016 : 20 pairs
The Digital Reverse Mentoring kick-off took place on February 2d, 2016 and gathered 60 participants, among them 20 pairs of Mentors/Mentees for this first round. This event was outstanding :
Link to article
- 2 special Guests : Stephanie Çabale (VP Marketing Digital at Orange Group), Perrine Bonin-Lassalle (Gen Y mentor at AXA)
- Some Gen Y mentors who will enter PWN Network through reverse mentoring
- Tweets & retweets which made the buzz on PWN during and after the event
- Interviews in “Le Monde”, “L’Express”, l’Opinion, Elle, BusinessOFeminin…
I'm interested in becoming a mentor or a mentee, what should I do?
Please fill in our new Mentor Document or our new Mentee Document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please note you DO NOT need a dropbox account to access the document).
Please note that you need to participate to the Info Session & the Meet your Mentoring Partner evening to enter the Mentoring Program.
Sylvie Houlière Mayca
Senior Directeur de Projet
Service Innovation Director
Hôpitaux de Paris
Dirigeante Fondatrice Bboosstt
Directeur Plan de Transformation & Performance Fonctions Support & Services Partagés THALES
Fondatrice ILEIOS Conseil
CEO of SMC²